Monday, April 30, 2007

TM ~ The Better Service??

My colleague told me about this recently, about his modem spoiled and the process that he's going through to get his modem replaced.

C = My colleague, S = Streamyx Staff
1st conversation ~ request to replace modem.
S: Hi, how can i help you?
C: I think my modem spoiled, and it's still under warranty, can you pls replace the modem?
S: Yes sure, but first we need to test something first...
(checking signals and etc)
S: Ya, something is not right with your modem, i'll lodge a report and ask a technician to come replace for you.
C: Thank You.

After a few days, a technician from streamyx called him.
S: Hi, I'm here at your house checking the port for you. Everything seems OK.
C: HUH!! checking port? You're suppose to replace the modem for me.
S: Oh, my job is to check your port, replace modem is done by another technician.
(Why can't the same person doing both jobs? Since u're already there at the customer's house? replace modem doesn't need extra knowledge what..)
C: so, when is the other technician coming over to replace the modem?
S: oh, this one i'm not sure, but i think the modem now out of stock.
C: WHAT!! out of stock? when got stock then?
S: erm, you can go to any of the TM Point and replace la.
C: oh, OK.

so the next day, my colleague brought his faulty modem to the Kelana Jaya's TM Point.

C: The technician asked me to come replace modem here.
S: Press a number and have a seat.
(After waited for around 2 hours...)
S: Oh, you are not allowed to exchange modem here. You will need to wait for our technician to go to your house and change it.


When he approached the customer service officer, he already told him that he wanted to change the modem, that officer knows that modem cannot be replaced, but instead of telling him that straight away, he asked my colleague to get a number and WAIT. After 2 hours only they let him know that modem cannot be replaced there. Why can't they just tell him straight away?

this week is the third week already and he's still waiting for the technician to come replace the modem.. poor him ..

A better service? hmmmm ...... i dono.. what you think??



No comments: