Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Write your own appraisal?

My friend told me his manager asked him to fill up his own appraisal form himself. He don't have any idea how or what to write. If he write all the good stuff, then the management might think he's not honest, not telling the truth or over confident. But if he writes something bad about himself, then the management might think he's not good enough for the position.

Hmm, this is a tricky one. How should he write? In fact, how can his manager asked him to write himself? Appraisal form should be filled up by both the manager and the staff, write about how this staff performed throughout the whole year. How would my friend know whether he's performing well or not (well, everybody thinks they performed well what...) right?

I asked him to write something good about himself, such as I'm responsible, hardworking and blah blah blah and write something which he thinks he needs to improve, maybe to be more socialize, more friendly and etc.

Have you ever write your own appraisal before? If yes, what did you write about yourself?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

yah i wrote b4! we have to write our own and then the manager will look at it... actually we rate ourselves according to the points in the appraisal form..
just try to be honest lor =D

coz ur manager might ask u why u rate urself like this?

Jys said...

haha, you write before ar? really not easy to write hor..

Vivianz said...

but I thought all company is the same? you do a review of your own, and your superior will go through your own review and give comment on them...

Jys said...

izzit? i thought it's the other way round? haha, last time my ex managers (a few of my ex companies) filled it up together with me one wor.. a few of my friends also the same like mine? i thought this is the way tim?

I guess some companies practice this way, some will asked the staff to fill up for themselves..

just curios, what if i rate myself too high and my manager don't think i'm worth that rating? will he correct it?

Unknown said...

i wrote before, it's so call self appraisal lah....
the normal practice is you write about yourself then submit. The superior will 'communicate' with you based on your self appraisal form...
no all company practice this way...

Anonymous said...

First of all. Thanks very much for your useful post.

I just came across your blog and wanted to drop you a note telling you how impressed I was with the information you have posted here.

Please let me introduce you some info related to this post and I hope that it is useful for community.

Source: self appraisal form

Thanks again
Ngo