Friday, July 6, 2007

Bye Bye Yahoo Photo

OL msn me this morning, telling me that yahoo photo is closing down. The service will be shut down in favor of the newer and more social Flickr.

So what happened to the photos that we uploaded to yahoo photo? Don't worry, we are given the option to export all our photos into Flickr (a one-click process) or a few other services such as Photobucket, Snapfish, Kodak Gallery or Shutterfly. phew.. luckily.. if not ask me to copy one by one i'll pengsan!!

I used to think by uploading to the internet it's pretty safe as my photo will not get lost. I did not make a copy of my photos, normally just one in my pc and one uploaded to the net, so if i format my pc, what i left is the one in the net. If i did not hear this from OL, i'll probably will lost all my photos!!

So my friend, if you don't want your photo to be deleted, faster go export..

2 comments:

purple geek said...

yeah...my friend told me this also. i quickly went and move all my photos from there.

Jys said...

I not yet export ler. hehe. will go later...