Thursday, July 26, 2007

Someone hacked my pc - Part 2

I told my friend that someone hacked my pc, and he told asked me to check this...


Go to one of my drives,
for eg, C:
right click and select sharing and security

I can see that my C drive is not being shared, but once i selected the sharing and security, i can see that my drive is actually being shared!! He told me if there's a '$' on my share name, it means the administrator can access my c drive and view all my stuff in there!! So he thinks that the admin uninstall the avg antivirus software for me...

hmm, this is something new.. I tried googling..and found this...

The system automatically creates hidden "administrative shares" for its logical drives C:, D:, an so forth which it names C$, D$ and so forth. It also creates the admin$ hidden share for to the \winnt folder. These shares are designed for remote access support by domain administrators. By default, if you delete these admin shares, they will be recreated when you reboot.

Read More..

It means by default we will have this hidden shared drives la, i thought the admin so free purposely come share my drive and see what's in my pc.. blek...

Still, i don't know why my antivirus is being uninstalled? the admin so free, remote access into my pc and uninstall it?

No comments: