Friday, June 8, 2007

The attitude of a cashier

I went to giant during lunch to something. I only bought 2 items so i went to the express counter to make payment.

Although there's a lot of people queuing up at the counter, but most of them bought less than 5 items and all paid by cash. The queue is moving slowly, there's 4 people in front of me, i waited for around 15 minutes and yet still haven't reached me.

I was wondering, why so slow? and when i looked at the cashier, ah-HA! i know why there's such a long queue! Let me described her a bit:
1. super black face ~ giant owning her salary izzit? such a black and long face?
2. super slow motion ~ 3 days never eat or sleep?
3. she used 2 fingers from each hand to pick up the item, and collect money from customer cos one of her finger (out of 10 fingers lar) got handy-plus.
I really hope hypermarket can try to improve their staff's attitude. They are the ones facing the customer, and they are showing their super black face to the customer. It's like they are chasing your customers away leh. Hey, we're not owning them money, and we don't expect them to smile at us also, just don't show us the black face enough la!!

I'm not sure other country also having the same problem, but when i was in bangkok, their cashier is definitely very polite and very cheerful. They treat you like you are the one paying their salary.

Probably hypermarkets can start giving them lower basic salary, and the more customer you served, the more commissions they can get. I guess by using this way they can actually worked faster gua..

No comments: