Thursday, June 28, 2007

Ring ring...

The phone rings, don't know who called by looking at the phone number on the screen. I answered the phone and guess what, it's my ex ex ex ex ex ex colleague. This colleague of mine had been calling me since january this year. I've no idea why he start calling me asking me out for dinner lar, lunch lar and etc, we never been close to each other.

When i was working in that company, i'm a fresh grad. U know lar, fresh grad always kena bully, and so happened this guy is one of them, ya.. bullying me. I still can remember..after so many year.. hehe tat's y ppl say don't 'tak zhui' gals. Anyway, i was in that company for 2 months only and he left earlier than me. so you can see how close we are. I thought i won't see him again, then one day i bumped into him around my work place (my 3rd job), few years ago.

We just say hi and exchange phone numbers, that's it. So we never talked, no chat, no calls since then. I totally forgot about this person then suddenly he start calling. yes, after so many years. strange right? well, from the way he talked and the way he kept persuade me to come out 'yum cha', first thought that came into my mind, OH NO, he's definitely into some part time jobs!! u know lar, insurance, direct selling, unit trust and etc. The first, second and third call, i did not say anything but politely turned down his invitation. Then yesterday he called again, so i decided to ask him directly, ARE YOU INTO DIRECT SELLING OR INSURANCE OR UNIT TRUST?

Don't say i'm rude la, this is all experience. When your long lost friend sudddenly calls you and keep asking you out, 99% they are into these part time jobs. TRUST ME!! i've KENA many many times. So i'm right, he told me that he wants to SHARE some financial experience with me. haha, a new term for insurance/unit trust/direct selling.

It is very sad that ppl think of you when they want to get something from you, for this case, they wanna earn your money. If you politely say you've bought this, then they will asked you which insurance company you bought from, and start telling you how good is their company and also how good is their plan. If you say you got no budget to get another insurance, then they will TEACH you how to manage your salary!! This is the one i HATE MOST!!! I don't need you to teach me how to use my money!!

I'm ok with having these friends, but if i say i'm not interested, please please please, do not test my patience. I don't want to lose a friend because of this. some ppl can earn money by doing this, yes, i do believe, i see successful cases before, ppl earn big money by doing this full time, but that is so NOT ME and do not think you know me better than myself.

To all my friends out there, just to let you guys know that currently i DO NOT have plans or budget to get another insurance. Don't start again by teaching me how to use my salary ya... :p

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jy~s...
i get to know your blog through one of my fren.

I strongly agree to your points that some ppl may have many many fanstatic reasons / excuses to sell you unit trust / insurance/ direct sales...

I am insurance trainer, want to share some concepts that we apply to our training course.

We do not defame other companies,because this is illegal. We never say how good we are, but we do explain the product feature to prospect.

In fact, i also hate to recieve direct sales call from frens, they realy want earn money from us.

i want to take this blog to share with you that insurance is a risk management, insurance help to solve financial problem, and the services and the rules are supporting by BNM. Insurance is long-term services, not short term. in addition, the money you paid to insurance, actually is one of a saving to your family.

Thank you for accepting insurance concept. I wish insurance consultant may use some comfortable approach to convience ppl.


Thank you
Anonymous

Jys said...

haha, i knew it!! if i post topic like this, for sure somebody will fight back!!

don't get me wrong, i do agree that insurance is important and it's good, everybody should buy, but what i'm trying to say is, buying insurance is like buying cars. I already own a car, then someone else ask me to buy another car. If i'm rich, for sure i'm ok with getting another car, can change car everyday mar. hehe.. but for an average earner like me 1 car is more than enough.. you get what i mean?

a professional insurance agent don't work like that, they only talk about insurance if you are interested, normally these ppl that kept persuading one is those part-timers (no offense ya, but i really met a lot of part-time agents like that, acting very unprofessionals)

Anonymous said...

its me again!

im not trying to have a 'blog fight' here, but need to protect those professional insurance consultants.

Professional consultant is not acting like professional, but they really apply financial knowledge to solve our problems.

Following are sharing points to recognise professional consultant:

1. never say bad thing / bad news on other companies
2. never persuade customer to surrender policies
3. always consider customer finacial power 1st, not commission 1st
4. willing to help on viewing customer's existing policies but the existing policies not from his/her service company
5.etc....

From
Anonymous

Jys said...

haha, hi hi, you are welcome to fight here. :P

if every insurance consultant will think and act like you, then you won't be seeing this post already. hehe..

i sincerely hope all other insurance consultants and learn from you!!