Wednesday, August 29, 2007

The GHOST month

The ghost month? Yes, i'm referring to the 7th month of every year (chinese calendar). You probably heard a lot of "stories" on the month of 7, stories heard from parents, relatives or even friends!! Besides all these stories, there's also a lot of rules, don't go out too late at night lar, must 'bai bai' lar and etc.. Younger generation probably never follow but the older generation, most of them believes and do follow the rules.

I've heard a lot of stories on the ghost month. I remembered when I was renting a room during college time, one night, my land lord suddenly running out from his room to the living room, looking pale and shocked, trembling and told us that he saw something 'white' flying in his room!! Something white? is that his own powerful imagination or what??

But there's one thing that I noticed, if someone is very sick, and the sickness drags till the month of 7, normally it's difficult for them to pass the ghost month. You can say it's just coincidence but it happened to my father, my grandmother, and recently FL's relative, all on the month of 7!!

So.. do you have any stories to share?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was looking into information on seeing your loved one after they die, as in walking around, and I came across this site: http://www.signfromlovedone.com/
It had a nice feel good message to it and I recommend checking it out.