Monday, August 27, 2007

Pearl Corn (Jagung Mutiara) from Cameron

what so special about these jagung
untill I need to blog about it??
well, it's from CAMERON!!! haha, not only
that... let me show you what is so special...

TAH-DAH!!!!!
let me present you the Pearl Jagung (珍珠玉蜀黍)
I think it's called Pearl Jagung lar, i remembered
there's the word Pearl!!
Looks different from the normal jagung rite??
It's called pearl becos part of it is
bedge in color. totally looks like pearl!!

cut cut cut into 3 pieces.
guess what i'm going to do with it??
steam? cook? boil soup?
NO NO NO!! i'm going to eat it RAW!!
yes!! eat it raw. It's a total waste if you cook/steam
the corn, it's meant to be eaten raw!!

a closer look. it really looks like pearl!!
i'm going to eat it .. don't envy ya. hehe..
it's sooo juicy, so sweet, so crunchy..
argg....so nice...

Few months back, Ms.Q, told me that she wanted to let me tried jagung. I felt weird, why suddenly want me to try jagung? i've eaten before wat!! Then she said, we're going to eat it RAW!! My eyes almost fell off when she said 'eat it RAW'!! i never heard from anybody before that jagung can be eaten raw...

Then when i saw the look of the corn, i was like, huh, this jagung never see before wor.. then she smiled and asked me to try.. and of cos i'm very braved and i tried!! hehe.. and guess wat, since then i'm in love with it.. but i never got the chance to eat it again until TODAY!!!!

Last weekend, her sister went to cameron and she asked me whether i'm interested in buying or not?? u kidding? of cos i want!! i've been waiting to eat this jagung since dono when.... i 'pai seh' to asked ppl to buy that much for me as it's quite heavy, so i asked her to buy 3 for me.. i'll slowly eat this 3 as after this, i dono i have to wait till when only i got the chance to eat again... :(

so for you guys that have not tried b4, if you happened to go to Cameron, you MUST remember to try this.. you won't regret it!!

p/s: jagung mutiara, the name i simply tembak one. hehe..

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

aiya... so nice la.. i dun knwo ler... okok.. next time eat raw one and see...

Anonymous said...

Hey,

i have 5 acres of Pearl Sweet Corn in Lukut, Negeri Sembilan... to be exact, it's called Sweet Jean corn..

will be back at Selayang Pasar Borong in November.. last month the sale was totally hitting the roof...

Now people dont need to go to Cameron Highlands for these pearl corns.. they can get them from my farm..