Monday, August 13, 2007

Virus Attacked!!

There's this virus attacked my notebook!! all the while i'm using AVG anti virus. i always update the virus definition, to make sure that it can protect my notebook.

Then one day i went to this mamak near my place, not the one i usually go. I heard from others that their line is faster and more stable, so i went and try lor. and yes, the line is really faster, and i was happily online going to sites that i often visit.

10 minutes later, AVG informed me that got virus attacked!! what? so fast? i was only visiting the sites that i go everyday wor, shouldn't have any virus one ma..

i clicked the 'Heal' button, but it seems like the virus are not able to heal. The next day, i told my colleague about this and he told me that AVG is not good. He said AVG sometimes are not able to detect viruses. then he intro another one to me, which is AVAST anti virus!!

so there i go, downloaded the AVAST and installed it in my notebook, hoping it will clear the virus. and yes, this AVAST detected a lot of virus, a lot more than AVG. It keeps popping up message informing there's virus, but all not able to heal!! aiseh, keep asking me wanna heal or not but when i clicked yes, it say failed to heal... what's the point of this anti virus? informing without healing?? useless la!! and i can't really ignore the virus as it will keep popping up every 5 minutes!!!!! very pek chek!!!

at last, i decided to uninstall it and install back AVG....

and the story not end yet, just now, when i on my notebook, it seems like it can't connect to the internet. strange.. everything seems fine.. i checked the connection on my desktop pc, it's ok too, but why notebook only? not only that, firefox, IE all got problem, and notebook keeps hanging....

aih, sometimes i feel like whatever anti virus also no use lar.. i gonna use the old and traditional and most effective way, which is... FORMAT the hard disk, to clear the virus!!

sien lar... too many things to backup...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I tot ur hse got streamyx, why still go mamak for surfing net???

ur AVG is free1?? if free version sure not strong enough to delete the virus, buy on line lar!professional version can catch any virus.. pay a bit $$$. Format ur notebook very troublesome, some of the data will lost and the whole setting have start over agn, not advisable huh

Jys said...

last time my house no streamyx mar..only recently got..

format already lar.. luckily i got partition, the drive i formatted is for OS and some other programs only.. so not so troublesome la..