Saturday, October 27, 2007

Sweeping or Vacuuming?

I was telling my friend how dusty my house is (cos it's near the highway). I asked her how long she sweep her floor? She said, I never sweep my floor b4.. serious ar? never sweep? u just mop like that without sweeping it first? what about those hairs on the floor?

apparently she vacuumed instead of sweep. No carpet also vacuumed? Maybe i'm the old fashion ppl, to me vacuumed on carpet is ok but vacuumed on normal floors? strange lar.. sweep easier and faster rite?

When i asked around, it seems like nowadays more and more ppl choose to use vacuum cleaner than broom! They said only their parents used brooms. OMG, i suddenly feel i'm sooooo old.. cos i'm still using BROOM!!! I don't understand, what is so good about vacuum cleaner? it's cleaner meh? it's easier meh?

See, first u got to buy a vacuum clear, i think at least around RM100 lor..those normal ones.. then you need electricity, then it's very noisy, and then after vacuumed you need to clean it, and also u need a place to store the vacuum cleaner.. as for the broom, it's cheap, easy to get, you can use for a long time, no need maintenance, doesn't take a lot of space to keep it. I still don't understand what is so good about vacuum cleaner. hehe...

So tell me, you are the old generation type like me, use the broom or the new generation that use the vacuum cleaner?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow i use ragged cloth only :(

Anonymous said...

Hey,

I used vacuum cleaner too....
In SG u hardly see people using brooms..so therefore i too use the vacuum cleaner...but back in kl i usually use the broom :)

Harvin