Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Public Bank? No THANK YOU!!!

I hate to call the customer service of banks/credit cards. I always complaint about the maybank customer service as i called that quite often cos i have both maybank account & credit card. I thought maybank have the worst customer service until recently i called the Public Bank customer service.

I applied the public bank visa electron card 2 weeks ago. Got the application form from the branch and submitted it to the branch as well. ya, I applied it for PPP. So after submitted for around 2 weeks, i heard no news about it, so i decided to call up the customer service and asked about it. I tried to call last friday around 7pm+, but after waiting for around 20 minutes, i gave up. I pressed 1 for English, then press for operator, waited for 2 minutes, i heard ' All our operator are busy, pls wait' for 3 times, then they requested me to press again..it's like they want to make sure whether i'm still interested to talk to the operator or not. HEY!! i'm calling the customer service, and nobody had talked to me yet, of cos i STILL want to talk to the operator!!! So every 2-3 minutes i need to press that stupid number to make sure i'm still on the queue to talk to the operator!! That is why after 20 minutes i gave up!!! Very frusfrating...

Today i tried calling again, around 6pm++, same thing happened, i kept pressing and pressing, so i decided to try later after i waited for 10 minutes. About 10pm, i tried again, pressed the number for checking the card status, then i was required to enter my IC no. I entered but my IC no was not found. So i decided to talk to the operator to see why after 2 weeks my record is still not there...I waited for 2 minutes before someone answer the phone, and this guy, is very very very rude..

C~ customer service
J: Hi, I'm Joyce. (I have to greet him first!! and see how he answered!!!)
C: hmmm.... (not even greeting me back.. just said hmmm... so now who's the customer service????!!!!!!)
J: erm, i would like to check on my card status.
C: card no pls..
J: (if i got the card, i still need to check status meh?? what kind of status i need to check if i got the card with me????) erm, i don't have the card... (and i haven't finished my sentence..he said with a very RUDE voice!!)
C: if you don't have the card, you should say you want to check for the card APPLICATION STATUS!!!
J: (wahseh, how am i suppose to know when i got the card i still need to check for status? other bank doesn't requires me to check the card status when i got the card!!!!) ok, then i need to check for my card APPLICATION status...
C: IC pls..
J: xxxxxx-xx-xxxx
C: not in the record
J: ya i know just now i entered to the system and the system said doesn't have my record, i just want to know why after 2 weeks i submitted it still not in the system yet..
C: it means ur application haven't reached the HQ yet, check with the branch!
J: 2 weeks also haven't reached the HQ?
C: yes checked with the branch!!!!
J: ok, thanks.
see how rude their customer service is? public bank doesn't pay him? or he's still in holiday mood? don't feel like picking up calls? I'm going to public bank branch tomorrow, if they said don't know where's my application, i will tell them i DON'T WANT to apply for that card ANYMORE! I am the customer, and I some more need to pay RM24 for the annual fees, am i suppose to be treated like tat?? sorry lar, if you don't treat ur customer well, i believe some other banks will treat their customer well.

now i understand why 5xmom kept promoting al-rajhi bank instead of public bank!! I TOTALLY agreed with her!!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

That one cleaner la, all the public bank staffs still holiday wuahahaha

TenthOfMarch said...

I sent my application form using express courier service to the HQ straight. I think got 1 week already but until now haven't enter system. Very lousy.

Anonymous said...

May be you should lodge an official complaint about the staff's bad service attitude.

Anonymous said...

my application also no status?
where is the system to check?

Jys said...

call their customer service or you can go to the branch that you submitted your application.

Anonymous said...

yes they assign the bastard to take over the bank